Sunday, August 22, 2010

I am single and pregnant and can't afford my mortgage once the baby arrives. Will the DSS help me?

I am going to start back at work after mat leave as part time.


I am full time the now and do not claim benefits. My flat is being rented to a social tenant at the moment although they are leaving in March.I am single and pregnant and can't afford my mortgage once the baby arrives. Will the DSS help me?
you will get income support of approx 拢44 a week plus approx tax credits of 拢45.70 and child benefit of 拢18.10 giving you approx 拢108.70 a week.


plus they will pay the interest on the mortgage or housing benefit at 100% plus all the usual benefits if they apply free school meals free prescriptions etc.


if the tenants are paying you rent of above 拢20 a week your benefits will reduce pound for pound for every pound over the 拢20.


if you are not living in the property the DWP will not pay anything towards the mortgage, they will only pay for your actual living accomodation not any rented property that you may own.


the above answer assumes I have read the question correctlyI am single and pregnant and can't afford my mortgage once the baby arrives. Will the DSS help me?
I'm not sure where you are from but any FIA (family financial assistance) center should be able to help you with this... they will help you also with insurance, food, money if you need it... sometime to look into

No comments:

Post a Comment