Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I am married and my name is not on our mortgage. If we were to move and buy new home?

Could i put the next mortgage in my name and still get the 8000 stimulus tax credit.I am married and my name is not on our mortgage. If we were to move and buy new home?
No, even if you live in a non-community property state the qualifications for the credit specify that both parties of a married couple have to be first time buyers.





If you live in a community property state you legally own 50% of the house you have now. The law talks about ownership, not mortgages.I am married and my name is not on our mortgage. If we were to move and buy new home?
The mortgage is not the deed or title to the house. It would depend if your name was associated there. Probably a good chance you may be able to qualify. Good luck!
a mortgage and a deed are 2 different things. If your name is on EITHER one, you don't qualify. The new home would need to be in YOUR NAME ONLY (mortgage and deed).
I dont think that its so simple ... it wont work
Yes, if it the new house is put in your name only.
It depends on the deed/title. If you name is on that...then no, you would not qualify.

No comments:

Post a Comment