Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Is my credit going to be affected for NSF on a mortgage?

My mortgage was sold to another company. I was in my web bill pay changing the mailing address, when I accidentally paid the bill instead of putting the date for next week. In turn, I saw a NSF fee on my bank statement, then I realized what I did. Does anyone know if this will kill my credit score? I've never been late on anything.Is my credit going to be affected for NSF on a mortgage?
No worries. Just be sure to settle the issue (make the payment) BEFORE your next due date. Your credit report will not be affected unless you go over 30 days past due. However, you will still be responsible for NSF fees and late charges that may be incurred. But if you've been a good customer the bank may waive them for an honest mistake.





10 years as a mortgage broker.Is my credit going to be affected for NSF on a mortgage?
as long as you take care of the payment before your due date is 30 days, you will be fine.
No it won't effect your credit score. You should have a bank that covers you incase of a NSF charge anyways. This is 2006!!
an NSF won't kill your score, but a late mortgage payment might. as long as you pay within 30 days of the due date, then you'll be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment