Sunday, August 22, 2010

What are my legal options as a renter when my landlord hasn't been paying the mortgage on the house?

I have rented this house for the last 5 months and I just found out that my landlord hasn't been paying the mortgage. The mortgage company came out here looking for her and then took pictures of the house. I need to know what my legal options are in regards to this. Thank you.What are my legal options as a renter when my landlord hasn't been paying the mortgage on the house?
Legally you're supposed to pay rent as if the house wasn't in foreclosure. If you have a lease and you're forced to move because of the foreclosure, you can sue her for damages (moving cost, etc.) of breach of contract.





However, chances are you are not going to get anything from her, not even your security deposit. So what you decide to do is up to you.





RegardsWhat are my legal options as a renter when my landlord hasn't been paying the mortgage on the house?
Maybe the new owners will continue to rent to you; perhaps you could try and buy it from the bank? Otherwise, you may be out on the street, before long.
You haven't any options; your contract is between you and your landlord...you pay the rent and you can live there. His not paying the mortgage company is only your concern when they foreclose and you get locked out. I would start looking quickly, and if you get penalized for breaking your lease (like not getting your deposit back), then you have a case.
you need to start looking for another place to rent, the foreclosure will invalidate your lease





while the landlord remains on the title they still can legally collect rent from you, but i would call the landlord give month notice of moving and start to look for a new place
I don't think you have obligation to the lender, but you may find somewhere else to live b/c they will be foreclosing soon. Good Luck!
none...it doesnt concern you. You have a contract with the landlord and she has a contract with the mortgage company. You are not a party to her contract so you dont need legal options.
Legal Options -





Well you dont own the house so you are not responsible for the Mortgauge.





On the other hand you will shortly need to express your freedom to secure another home as soon this one will be for sale after its forclosure.





My suggestion, start securing that new location to live ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment