Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Why don't student loans get as much federal forgiveness as mortgage owners?

Why is President Bush allowing people in over their heads financially to keep homes they can't afford, when millions of people in the United States have student loans overbalanced by aggressive and unfair acceleration and interest bearing properties? Despite recessions and lousy job markets my student loans rack up interest. But people with SUV's in the driveway get a free pass? What's going on here?Why don't student loans get as much federal forgiveness as mortgage owners?
you really should fully understand the facts before you start this. they are absolutely not getting forgiveness for those home loans, they are getting a bit of a tax break and refinancing if they meet certain criteria. if you think they are getting free houses, you are way off. government student loans are the greatest deal around - low interest and deferred payments during school. if you have a bunch of private student loans, then you made a bad decision taking them outWhy don't student loans get as much federal forgiveness as mortgage owners?
Because Bush counts ';families'; inside homes as necessary to his party GOP base and image. Look at the homeless populations growing while Bush has been in office. Bush wants the ';Haves';, the ones with the SUVs, to make Republican lifestyles good looking and attracting others.
Actually, the amount of federal ';forgiveness'; as you say has actually increased since I graduated from college.


When I first graduated, I was not able to deduct my student loan interest from my taxes.


Later I was able to deduct, up to a certain amount, that interest. Then later, I was able to deduct even more. Another year I recall the time limit max was removed so I could claim it for a longer period of time after I graduated. Lots of good things going on here. PS: My SUV was not free.


:-)
Heck other than forgiveness i wish they would stop attacking us. Changing the Federal interest from 3ish percent to 6.8 that was lame of them. I mean Why do they need to make money off us ? Don't we all pay out taxes? Why should someone buying a car get a lower interest than we get on student loans?

No comments:

Post a Comment