Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Could I get a no-money-down, fixed-rate 1st-time mortgage with a 710 credit score and $80,000 income?

Just looking for a modest house in the $150k range, but I don't have a large lump of cash that isn't tied up in something else (kid's college fund, my retirement). I've had a steady job with the state and a consistent rental history for a long time.Could I get a no-money-down, fixed-rate 1st-time mortgage with a 710 credit score and $80,000 income?
Your credit score is pretty good, and so is your income. If you do an FHA loan, they only require 3.5% down (plus closing costs).





My husband and I used to buy houses with no money down all the time...but I don't know if that is an option these days.





I would shoot for 5% as a minimum. In the meantime, talk to your bank about pre-qualifying.Could I get a no-money-down, fixed-rate 1st-time mortgage with a 710 credit score and $80,000 income?
People want cash up front. You really can't buy anything these days unless you wave some cash in their faces.





You can always try it but we are trying to do the same thing and we keep being told...30% Down before they even want to talk to us.





Hell this one realtor wouldn't even talk to us until she found out we were pre approved for a loan and refuses to show us the house and said unless we can prove we are serious buyers then anything else is just a waste of her time!
These days you'll need a minimum of 3% down plus closing costs. You can use a mortgage calculator to see how much home you can afford on your income and the amount of money you have for a down. The only way you'll know if you qualify for a loan is apply for one.
We tried to refinance our current home. Had 10% down but it ends up being less due to what the appraisal would be. The bank we are with declined our request. I am not sure if anyone would accept no money down. I think with the current economy it won't be an option and get a good interest rate. GOOD LUCK!
You will need at least 3% down plus prepaids - taxes,l insurance, closing costs unless seller pays. 710 probably will not get you the lowest rate, either. Now I understand they are looking at 720 and above for good rates.
Contact a mortgage broker and let them tell you what options you have.
No, unless you qualify for a VA loan.

No comments:

Post a Comment