Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Could I get a mortgage if I just started a job?

I am moving to another state and I will be starting a new job and will save up for a couple months for a down payment. I only want a small mortgage, around 90,000. I want to know if I could get that kind of mortgage with only having my new job for a month or two.Could I get a mortgage if I just started a job?
I don't think most lenders will be happy if you only have had the job for a couple of months. Normally it should be about six months. A normal probationary period in a lot of jobs lasts about 3 months, so the job might not be seen as permanent til then.





You should go and see a broker and ask them for advice, but don't apply for any loans. Wait until you're ready to get the mortgage. I'd wait a few extra months and save a bigger down payment. Firstly, it'll look better to the lenders because you have a savings history, and secondly, you'll be in the job for longer, which will help you get a loan.Could I get a mortgage if I just started a job?
Sure you can, as long as you are in the same line of work for 2 years. And the 2 year rule is somewhat flexible. For example, lets say you are a nursing assistant for 2 years, you graduate with your RN degree, move to another state to take a RN position. That would qualify.

No comments:

Post a Comment