Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Can I give the mortgage company my Building Survey?

My mortgage company is expected to conduct a valuation survey before it decides to lend me money. Meanwhile, I will have a Building Survey.





To save money, do you think the mortgage company will accept my Building Survey, instead of asking another surveyor to do the same job? My mortgage advisor doesn't encourage me to do this, and I suspect they want me to do both for money reason.Can I give the mortgage company my Building Survey?
This happened to me. We had the necessary work done by an independant builder who gave me the proper paperwork and had concluded, in writing, that the property was fit for mortgage purposes. Our mortgage company then wanted to charge us another 拢100 for their surveyor to confirm the same thing. Just don't back down, we ended up faxing them a copy of the independant surveyor's report which they accepted and we saved ourselves the 拢100 fee.

No comments:

Post a Comment