Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Can you renew your mortgage whilst on a pension and incapicty benefit?

my fixed rate mortgage is about the finish with northern rock and i am now 55 and have had to retire early due to serious illness. my wife works and i have a pension and incapicity benefit. do you think i will still get a mortgage, 5 years left and about 40k and insurance in place should the worst happen.


many thanksCan you renew your mortgage whilst on a pension and incapicty benefit?
It's going to be difficult for you, please go to the C.A.B.and get some professional advice, I do advice work and I must admit I haven't a clue here...all I can think of is that you accept the ordinary mortgage that your provider will offer you.Also, I'm afraid your insurance is invalid as you are not in work...but...please take all documents to the C.AB. and get free advice there.Can you renew your mortgage whilst on a pension and incapicty benefit?
What do you mean renew your mortgage? If its term is up, you need a new mortgage. Did you have a balloon which reached maturity? If your joint income and credit is satisfactory and your debt load low, you have a good chance, particularly with liquid assets as you indicate .
It may sound simple but I am sure the Citizens Advice Bureau will help
go and borrow on it keep it going .

No comments:

Post a Comment