Thursday, July 29, 2010

How can I remove my name from a mortgage that is not an FHA?

I was told that refinancing the house to remove my name could only be done if there was 20% equity. Is this true? We are in a 30 year fixed, owned the house for 2 years, and I have not lived there for a year and a half. The co-owner currently lives there is making the payments, and does not want to refinance. All I want is my name off. What can I do about this?How can I remove my name from a mortgage that is not an FHA?
You do not need 20% equity to refinance. You can refi into an FHA loan with as little as 3.5% equity. As far as making your ex refinance, there is nothing you can do about it unless you want to file for a divorce and try and get a judge to force the issue.How can I remove my name from a mortgage that is not an FHA?
Seriously man you cant,





I gave my best answer. You signed on a piece of paper saying you would be on the loan until its paid in full. The bank could care less if you separated or not.





To give you an example, a divorce court says okay you are liable to pay the mortgage. And lets say this person doesnt. Guess how much the lender cares? They dont, They come after you.





Even a court cant release you from a mortgage you have signed. They can only force the other person to sell it. You are headed to court where a judge will decide who owns the property but they cant force the lender to release you.





Unless the judge requires you to sell the property if she doesnt get you off of the loan in X number of days. I gave you the easy answer. This is your reality. You are on that loan until its paid off.
They only way you may be able to get out of it without cooperation from the other party (refinancing) would be to file a partition suit. But I hear that is a long and expensive process.
likely nothing; This is a time when you must bite the bullet of


discomfort.





OR try to sell Part of the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment